2How to Setup Junk Mail on Your AT&T Email Account? It is a harsh reality of the Internet that every popular email service always remains in the radar of spammers. AT&T webmail is not an exception, as the number of AT&T email accounts is increasing; this webmail is becoming one of the favorite targets of spammers. Spam or Junk emails are generally the promotional emails sent by online marketers to promote their various products. However, many a time, these promotional messages may contain a virus or other online security threats. That’s why you should keep your AT&T email account safe from these junk emails.
Go through this tutorial to know the correct procedure to set up (filter, block) Junk Mail on your AT&T Email Account. In addition to this, we will also discuss tips to reduce junk mail on your AT&T email account.
Why do I receive spam or Junk Mail on my AT&T email account?
Predicting the exact reason why you are receiving the spam mails is quite tough. There are many ways by which marketers create a spam mailing list. However, we have shortlisted some general methods that spammers use to create a list of mailing addresses for spamming.
- Scanning the online discussions such as forums etc.
- Stealing or buying an internet mailing list.
- Searching the internet for email addresses
- Randomly guessing the email addresses
How to remove Junk email (Spam) from your AT&T inbox?
Removing the junk email from your AT&T inbox is very easy. You just have to follow the steps below:
- Log in to your AT&T email account which has the spam emails.
- Then, you just need to check the box available left to the email message.
- After that, you have to go to the email toolbar and select the “Spam” option.
That’s it; the junk email will vanish from your inbox after you mark it as spam.
What if I accidently marked an Important Email as spam?
Don’t worry if you have marked a legitimate email as spam. Check the instructions below to get these legitimate emails back into your inbox.
- Sign-in to your AT&T email account and open spam folder.
- Check the box available on the left-hand side of the legitimate email.
- Go to the email toolbar and choose the “Not Spam” option.
- Finally, you can open your inbox to check the email.
How to create and manage filters to block spam?
If you are receiving a large number of spam emails then it is very hectic to manually move each email to the spam folder. In such cases, you can simply create a filter that can identify the spam messages and send them to the spam folder.
- First of all, you need to sign-in and click on the settings gear icon from the corner.
- After that, you should select the “More settings” option from the menu that will open.
- Then click on the “filters” option followed by “Add” in order to create a filter.
- Now, enter the condition by which want to create a filter for spam messages. Here, you can enter the domain from which you are receiving the spam emails.
- Finally, click on the “Save” button to confirm the creation of a filter.
Note: You can delete, edit or prioritize these filters whenever you want.
Tips to reduce spam and keep you safe
Here are some useful tips and tricks by which you can avoid junk mails on your AT&T email account.
- Alter or change your email address slightly in public forum. For example – if your email address is MemberID@att.net then you may use MemberIDX@att.net. By doing this, you can avoid the automatic scanners of the spammer that record the email address.
- Never reply to a junk email. A reply will tell the spammer that you are actively reading the spam emails. So, you should not reply to the junk emails even if they offer you to unsubscribe.
- Don’t click on any link available in the spam email. These links can be dangerous and may infect your computer with a virus.
- Be careful while forwarding an email. Make sure to remove all email addresses while forwarding a message.
- Never click on random links while browsing the internet. Doing this will also help you keep spam email at bay.
How to block a spammer in AT&T webmail?
Another effective method to stop junk email from landing in your AT&T email account is directly blocking the sender. Let’s go through the step by step procedure to block a spammer in AT&T.
- Sign-in to your AT&T email account and click on the settings gear icon from the corner.
- Choose “More settings” option from the drop-down menu that will open.
- Click on the “+Add” button and enter the email address of the person who is sending you junk mails.
- Finally, click on the save button to block the sender.
Note: When you block someone on AT&T, the emails sent by that person are deleted automatically.
Report spam abuse in AT&T Email
In case you are too fed up with a particular type of junk mail or spam then you can also report it to the AT&T. In order to do that you can forward the spam email to “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Make sure to include the full header while forwarding the email, this will help AT&T to know where the email came from. https://99emailhelp.com/t/setup-junk-mail-on-bellsouth-email-account/534/