How to Sign up For Comcast Email Account?
Comcast Email service is offered by Xfinity to its internet users. The email service is quite good and it can offer some magnificent features and benefits. In order to sign up for Comcast Email account, it is compulsory for the users to have an Xfinity account. In case you switch to any other internet service provider in future you can continue to use your Comcast email ID. If you are already an Xfinity customer then you can sign up for Comcast Email account with ease. However, you need to have your phone associated with Xfinity or Social security number handy while creating Comcast Email Account.
Xfinity is one of the biggest Internet service providers in the United States. Many users have to deal with different kinds of problems while creating and accessing their Comcast Email Account. If you are also facing a similar problem then this article is just for you. Here, we will list down step by step method to sign up for Comcast email account with ease.
Why you should sign up for Comcast Email Account?
Here are some of the awesome benefits you may enjoy after signing up for Comcast Email account.
- By signing up you can access all the Comcast customer mobile and web applications.
- You can start watching TV content on your tablet, smartphone and computer straight away.
- It allows you to pay your bill, manage your upcoming appointments and many more using “my Xfinity account” option.
- If you are an Xfinity Internet user then you can access all the Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots nationwide.
How to sign-up for Comcast Email account?
Xfinity allows users to create up to 7 Comcast email ID using the one Xfinity user account. Follow the steps given below in order to create a Comcast Email account.
- First of all, you need to visit the Comcast sign in page and click “Create a Username” from the bottom of the window. Alternatively, you can also visit www.xfinity.com/getstarted directly.
- Then, you need to choose the method how you want to verify your identity i.e. via Mobile Phone number or Social Security Number (SSN). Click on “Continue” after selecting Mobile phone number or SSN.
- a. In case you select Mobile number then you move on to the next step after clicking continue.
- b. If you choose SSN then you need to provide the last 4 digits of the account holder’s SSN, a phone number associated with the Xfinity account and date of birth. Click on continue after providing the requisite information to move on to the next step.
- After verification, you can enter your 3rd party email ID such as Gmail ID or Yahoo ID. In case you don’t want to share your third-party email ID or you don’t have one then you should click on “I don't have an email address” link.
- Now, enter and confirm the password for your new Comcast email address.
- You may need to set security questions so that Comcast email account recovery can be easy in the future.
- Then, review the information provided by you and choose “I Agree” to the “Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy”. Click on “Continue” after choosing “I Agree”.
Note: For the security reasons, you may also require to verify the phone number you have provided. Click the verify button after entering the phone number. Xfinity will text you a security code, you need to enter that security code at the prescribed space.
- In case you provided your 3rd party email ID in step 3 then you need to verify it as well by clicking the verification link emailed by Xfinity.
- Finally, you will see a confirmation page providing you with information regarding the different methods by which you can now access your Comcast email account and Mobile app. Here, you can click “Continue” to go back to the Xfinity log in page.
Other useful information
- The verification link sent on your 3rd party email address will remain active for 72 hours only. You need to click the verification link within 72 hours to verify your email ID.
- Once you are done with adding non-Comcast email ID to your account, you can use that ID to access Xfinity applications.
- You can continue to use Comcast Email address even if you decide to change your Internet service provider in the future.
- To verify the phone number associated with your Comcast account, you need to enter the security code received on the phone number within 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, the security code will be expired.
- You may also add an email account to your Xfinity account at a later time through my account preference center.
- If you are not using Xfinity Internet or Xfinity Voice any more then you will not be allowed to add any new email accounts.