Top Outlook Email Error with Solutions
Outlook email service is counted amongst the best due to its numerous outstanding features. However, despite various features and functionalities, certain errors occur sometimes while working with Outlook. The reasons behind these errors can be different and so will be their solutions. This article presents certain top Outlook email error with solutions so that the users can easily fix the issues all by themselves whenever encountered. In case you are also facing any of these issues, just follow the remedial measures discussed later in this post.
List of Common Outlook Problems
Some of the most common and top Outlook email error along with their codes that the users might face time and again are mentioned below.
- A time-out occurred while communicating with the server 0x800ccc19.
- No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
- The server could not be found. Account: account name, POP server: 'mail', Error Number: 0x800ccc0d.
- Task 'SMTP server name- Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042109): 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact the server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'
- Task 'server name- Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800ccc0f): 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact the server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: ? K'.
- Error Number: 0x800ccc0f: ‘Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection’. Main reasons behind this error may include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: account name, Server: 'server name', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK', Port: 110, Secure (SSL): No.
- The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server 0x8004210a.
- Error codes: 0x800ccc15, 0x80042108, 0x800ccc0e, 0x800ccc0b, 0x800ccc79, 0x800ccc67, 0x80040900, 0x800ccc81, 0x80040119, 0x80040600.
- Error code: 0x8007000c: Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.
- Error code: 0x800C013b: An unknown error has occurred. Protocol: SMTP, Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No
- Error code: 0x8004210b
How to Solve Some of the Top Outlook Email Error?
The basic errors that arise while working with Outlook email can be fixed by applying the required corrective measures. The common solutions to such errors are discussed below in detail. Apart from this, specific solutions of some problems are also given here. After the completion of every method, the users are asked to send themselves a test email message to make sure that they can now work with Outlook without receiving any error message.
- Internet connectivity: Very first thing you need to do is check internet connectivity. If the only problem was a poor internet connection, all the issues will be fixed automatically by fixing the internet speed.
- Account settings: Make sure that the email account settings for your version of Outlook are correct.
- Safe mode: To fix the top Outlook email error, try starting it in safe mode.
- Firewall software: Your firewall software should be configured in a manner to enable Outlook to access the Internet.
- Antivirus software: Sometimes, the settings of the antivirus software installed in your system can cause Outlook related errors. Make sure that you are using Outlook together with your antivirus software as per the recommended settings.
- Create a new email profile: Make a new profile and if you are able to work with this new profile, configure it as your default profile.
- Suspicious email: Many sending and receiving errors related to Outlook may arise due to presence of any suspicious email message in your inbox. Delete such mails by following any of these methods:
- Access your mailbox by using your ISP's web-based email program and then delete the email messages.
- Contact your ISP and ask them to delete the email messages directly.
- Clean stuck emails: Certain features of Outlook may not work properly if emails are stuck in your inbox. Clean up such messages and then check if the problems are resolved.
- Repair Outlook personal folder file (.pst): A .pst file is a personal-folders file that stores your email messages, contacts and other data. A corrupted .pst file can create sending/ receiving emails in Outlook. Repairing this file may fix your issues.
- Repair your Outlook: If none of the above-mentioned methods works, repairing your Outlook or Outlook Express may also resolve them.
Specific solution to certain Outlook errors
Operation timed out or time-out while communicating with server
The time out related error to Outlook can be solved by increasing the server time-out setting. The server time-out setting can be increased by accessing the account settings. Steps for Outlook 2010 and later versions are given below.
- In the Outlook, go to Files menu and click on Info.
- Click on Account Settings and select Account Settings from the list.
- Next, select POP3 account and then tap on Change.
- Go to More Settings > Advanced.
- Increase the server time-out setting slowly till the issue is resolved.
Error code 0x8007000c can be fixed by running the MAPI Repair Tool
This error occurs due to corrupted Mapi32.dll file and can be resolved by running the MAPI repair tool (Fixmapi.exe). This file can be found in either of these two folders, C:\Winnt\System32 or C:\Windows\System32.
Re-create the Sent Items.dbx file to fix the error code 0x800C013b
Follow these steps to recreate the Sent Items.dbx file:
- Click Start, point to Find and then click on ‘Files or Folders’.
- Type ‘Sent Items.dbx’ in the ‘Named’ box.
- Next, in the Look In box, click your primary hard disk (usually drive C), and then click Find Now.
- Right-click on the ‘Sent Items.dbx’ file and then on ‘Rename’.
- Type ‘Sent Items.old’ and then click on ‘Ok’.
- Restart your Outlook Express.
Verify SMTP email addresses in the distribution list to solve 0x8004210b error
Even a single corrupted SMTP address in a distribution list can create error 0x8004210b. Carefully check all email addresses in this list & make sure that they are correct.