Step-by-Step Guidelines to turn off Yahoo Account Key on Android
The Yahoo Account key was introduced to make yahoo e-mail accounts more secure and decrease the dependency on Yahoo email password. The account keys offer amazing security to your Yahoo account. Every time someone tries to log into your Yahoo Account, yahoo send account key to your registered phone to let him access your account. The yahoo account keys are like blessings for those users who tend to forget Yahoo mail password. However, if you just want to keep it simple and log in with password then you can turn off yahoo Account Key.
The process to turn off Yahoo Account Key is different for desktop and Yahoo Android app users. In this post, we will discuss the complete method to turn off Yahoo Account Key on both desktop and Android devices.
How Yahoo Account Key Works?
Before moving on to the steps to deactivate Yahoo Account Key, you should understand its working and know what you will lose while turning off Yahoo Account Key. When you try to login with Yahoo Account key active, Yahoo sends a notification to your registered phone with a message - Are you signing in as “ your username” from “Web browser,” “Operating System’s name”?. Here, you have two options either to tap “yes” to continue login or Tap “No” to block the login process.
When you turn off Yahoo Account key the security of your Yahoo account depends only upon the password. Any person with your Yahoo passport can easily log into your account. However, if you have decided to remove Yahoo Account keys then let’s move on to the steps to close Yahoo Account key feature
Solve How to turn off Yahoo Account Key on a computer?
The steps to turn off Yahoo Account Key on a computer are as follows:
- Log into your Yahoo Account and hover your mouse over your profile picture available at the top right corner.
- Select “Account Info” option from the drop-down menu.
- Then click on the “Account Security” option from the “Account info” window.
- Now, locate the “Yahoo Account Key is enabled” under the “Account Security” Window.
- Click on “Manage” button next to the “Yahoo Account Key is enabled” option. This will open a new window
- Click on “Disable Account Key” from the bottom of the new window.
- Give confirmation by clicking “Yes, Disable Account Key” button.
- Then, you will get the confirmation message stating that you have disabled the Account Key.
- Finally, click on “Got it”.
After following the above-mentioned steps, you don’t need to do anything else. You can simply log in using the regular password from the next time onward.
Solutions for Solve Steps to turn off Yahoo Account Key on Android
If you usually use your Yahoo account on a mobile device then you can turn off yahoo Account key on mobile app by following the steps given below.
- Run Yahoo app on your device.
- Tap on the menu (Three horizontal bars icon) from the top corner of your mobile screen. This will open a new sidebar menu.
- Locate and tap on the “key” icon in the sidebar menu. It is located at the top just next to your Yahoo Email address.
- Now, a new screen will open. Here, you need to click on “Manage account key” option.
- Tap on the “Display Account Key” option under the “Manage Account Key” window. You can find this option at the bottom of the screen.
- Give your confirmation by clicking “Yes, disable Account Key” button.
- Finally, click on “Got it” button and Yahoo Account key will get deactivated.
That’s all you need to do to disable Yahoo account key on mobile. You can normally login using the regular password from the next time. More Information Call On Yahoo.com Customer Support Assist Number