Unable to create Hotmail Account
As we all know Hotmail is a discontinued webmail service which is now merged with Microsoft Outlook. As Hotmail website is no longer available it is not possible to create a new Hotmail account. However, you still create an email ID with @hotmail.com domain. In order to create Hotmail ID with hotmail.com domain you need to visit the official website of MS Outlook as Hotmail is now a part of outlook. If you are unable to create Hotmail Account through MS outlook then it is possible that you may be trying to create it through the Outlook App.
You should note that it is not possible to create a Hotmail email ID through the Outlook app. This tutorial is for those users who are facing problems in creating a new hotmail account or email ID. Here, we will illustrate the step by step method to create a new Hotmail Email ID seamlessly.
How to create a Hotmail Account?
It is quite easy to create a new www.Hotmail.com Email ID through the outlook website. However, there are still many things you should keep in mind while creating a new Hotmail ID otherwise you may face an error message. Here are the steps that you should follow progressively in order to create new Hotmail account or email ID effortlessly.
- In order to create a new Hotmail.com id, you need to visit the official website of Microsoft Outlook i.e. www.outlook.com.
- Then click on the “Create Account” link available on the top right corner of the page.
- Create your new email ID. Please note that this is the most important step. Here, you need to select your email Id with @hotmail.com domain instead of @outlook.com. In order to select these domains, you need to click the downward facing arrow available on the right-hand side of the “New email” field. The downward facing arrow will open a new drop-down menu; you just need to click the domain you want.
- Now, under the “New Email” field, you can see the field with the name “Create Password”. Here, you need to enter the password as per your wish.
- In case you don’t want MS outlook to send you product offers and other promotional stuff then you should uncheck the box against “Send me promotional emails from Microsoft”. You can also skip this step if you want to receive the promotional emails from MS outlook.
- After entering all the information, you need to click on the “Next” button just below the “Create Password” field.
- Now, you have to enter your name. Enter first and last name in the prescribed fields and click on the “Next” button from the bottom.
- Select your current country or region from the drop-down menu that will be appearing on your screen.
Note: Usually, the system automatically detects your current location and fills the country or region by itself. If the country or region gets filled by itself then you should skip the step – 8.
- Similarly to the location, you also need to enter your date of birth using the drop down menus. Please select the month, day and year of birth very carefully.
- Click on “Next” once the country and date of birth are selected.
- Then you will be asked to provide your phone number. Here you need to enter your phone number and click on “Send Code”. Remember, you should enter only that phone number to which you have the access currently.
- Enter the code that you will receive on your phone number for verification.
- Finally, enter the captcha code and click on “Next”. You can also opt for audio captcha if you are having a problem in reading the distorted letters and numbers.
That’s it, folks! Your www.Hotmail.com ID is now created. The system will take you through the tutorials to use different functions and features of your new email id.
I am not able to create Hotmail Account
The above-mentioned steps can help you create the new Hotmail account seamlessly. However, you may encounter some problems or issues. In such cases you should follow the steps given below:
- In case you receive an error code 450 or an error message starting with the letters LEFKPK, then it is a temporary error from Microsoft server. You should wait for 24 hours and try again.
- If you are still unable to create Hotmail account even after waiting for 24 hours and facing an error code including 675b then you should keep waiting as the problem is temporary.
- Make sure you are entering the verification code correctly from your phone.
- Ensure that you are using a compatible browser to create a new Hotmail account.
- Microsoft has a limit of Hotmail ID you can create in a day using the same IP address. You should wait for a day if this is the case with you.
- In case you face an error message including 0x800482d4 or starting with the letters LEFKPK then you should contact Microsoft support for help.
How to keep your Hotmail Account Safe?
After creating the Hotmail email ID successfully you should take the following precautions in order to keep your Hotmail account safe.
- Always use a strong Hotmail password so that hacker cannot breach your account’s security that easily.
- Keep updating Hotmail account recovery options such as phone number, alternate Email ID etc.
- Don’t give random 3rd party applications access to your Hotmail account.
- Always keep good antivirus software in your PC. Contact Hotmail Customer service to know more