“unable to receive emails, Can’t Send email from gmail, Not receiving emails to my gmail account, Unable to Send Mail from Gmail, Reasons behind Gmail not sending email, Reasons behind Gmail not receiving email”
Gmail sending and receiving issues: Undoubtedly, Gmail is the most popular email services with millions of users globally. As easy it is to use Gmail sometimes, the users are seen facing sending and receiving issues with Gmail. A lot of factors can cause this issue thus depriving the users from using even the basic function of this email service. Luckily, there are easy ways in which the users can fix the Gmail sending & receiving error with little or no technical expertise. Keep reading this article to know how you can fix this issue on your own.
Reasons behind Gmail not sending email
There can be many reasons as to why users are unable to send mail from Gmail. Some common reasons behind this problem are listed below.
- Most commonly, the Gmail sending issue is due to a poor internet connection.
- Issues with Gmail IMAP/ POP settings also cause trouble in sending emails.
- In case you have exhausted the sending limit, you won’t be able to send further emails.
- Make sure that you are entering the receiver’s email address correct or else sending will fail.
- If any user in your sender’s address list has a Google+ connection, your mail won’t be sent.
Reasons behind Gmail not receiving email
Some prominent causes why you are not receiving emails to Gmail account are given below:
- Just like problem in sending, a slow internet speed can delay your incoming Gmail messages as well.
- If using Gmail via mobile phone app, problems with syncing can cause receiving issues.
- Make sure that you are not running out of storage space in your device or in your Gmail account.
- Just like sending Gmail, also has receiving limit. Once this limit is reached, no more messages can be received.
- In case the sender has your Gmail address wrong, it may seem like you are facing receiving issues.
How to fix the Gmail sending & receiving error?
In case you can’t send email from Gmail, you can follow the troubleshooting methods given below:
- Check and fix the problem with your internet connection to see if this fixes your issue.
- In case you have exhausted your daily limit, you need to wait 1 to 24 hours till the limit is renewed.
- Do not send file larger than 25 kb or add more than 500 recipients at once.
- It might happen that the receiver of your email is receiving too many emails. In this case, you need to wait before sending an email to such receiver.
- Ask your receiver to provide his/ her email address correctly and make sure that you enter the address as it is.
If you are unable to receive emails on Gmail, here’s how you can fix this:
- Check your trash or spam folder to make sure that your incoming messages are not redirected there.
- Make sure that the sender has your Gmail address correct and is also entering it correctly.
- If your device or your Gmail account is running out of space, you might consider deleting emails that are no longer important to you.
- In case you are receiving emails in bulk, the speed of receiving might slow down.
- If you have reached the limit of receiving emails, you need to wait till the limit gets renewed.