Google Drive is an amazing file storage service offered by Google. It allows users to store content up to 15 GB with ease. The best thing about Google Drive is that it supports storage of almost all type of files no matter it is a document, video, audio or image. You can also sync Google Drive to your computer and mobile device so that you can access the required content whenever you want. Although Google drive was first launched in the year 2012 it is still a new concept for many users. This is the reason why many users found it difficult to upload files and folders to Google Drive - Computer. This tutorial will provide you with the step by step procedure to upload files and folders to Google Drive - Computer and Android device.
Solve File Upload Errors in Google Drive With These Quick Solutions
- Can you upload an entire folder to Google Drive?
- How do I automatically upload files to Google Drive?
- How do I sync a folder with Google Drive?
- How do I upload docs to Google Drive?
- Google drive not uploading android
- Google drive waiting to upload
- Google drive incomplete upload
- Google drive upload stuck
- Google drive saying waiting to upload
- Google drive not uploading from phone
- Google drive upload failed android
How to upload files and folders to Google Drive - Computer ?
If you are on a windows computer then you can upload files and folder to Google Drive by following the steps given below:
- First of all, you need to launch any web browser on your windows or Mac computer. You can use any compatible browser including Safari or Chrome.
- Visit https://drive.google.com. If you don’t see your content then you should go to Google drive and log in.
- Right-click in the blank area inside your Google drive. This will open a new pop-up menu.
- Click on “Upload Folder” from the menu that will appear after right-clicking.
- Click on the folder you are looking to upload. The folder you want to upload will highlight as soon as you click it.
- Click on the “Ok” button from the bottom of the window.
You don’t have to do anything else. The folder will now upload to your Google drive. A new pop-up window will open displaying the progress of your upload. Similarly, you can also upload files to Google Drive by selecting “Upload Files” option instead of “Upload Folder”
Note: You can also upload files in the Google drive just by dragging them into your Google Drive.
How to upload files with the same name in Google Drive?
In case you upload file with the same name, Google drive considers the file as an update to the file already in your Google Drive. Nevertheless, you can keep both the files by following the steps mentioned below:
- Launch any compatible browser visit “drive.google.com”.
- Upload the desired file.
- Click on “keep as separate file”.
Now, you can find both files having the same name in your Google drive.
How to upload files and folder in Google Drive on an Android device?
You can upload the files or folder in Google drive using your Android device as well. All you need to do is follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open Google Drive app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Tap on “Add” button.
- Then, tap on the “Upload” button.
- Browse and locate the files you are looking to upload.
- Finally, you can view the uploaded files in your Google Drive.
Editing Files on your Google Drive
You should note that Google Drive is not just a storage space. Actually, you can also use it to edit your MS word, excel file directly. However, if you want to edit MS word or excel file you need to convert them to Google Document format.
MS Excel file will be transformed into Google Sheet. On the other hand, MS word file will be converted to Google Doc format.
Here is how you can edit the file in your Google Drive
- Open Google drive and locate the file you are looking to edit.
- Right click on the file and go to “open with” option.
- Select Google Sheet if you are looking to edit MS Excel File.
- Similarly, you can also choose Google Document if you are looking to edit MS word file.
- Edit the files as per your preference and save the file.
Note: The file will be saved in the new format i.e. Google Sheet/ Google Document.
- Now, you will be able to see both the original and newly edited/ saved file.
- Finally, you may download the edited file into your computer. The file will again be converted back into the original format i.e. MS Excel or Word.
If you encounter any error message while uploading or editing files then you should contact Google Support.