Verizon Email Sending And Receiving Error
Verizon email service is now discontinued but the users can still use their Verizon.net email ID. Verizon has decided to migrate its email users to AOL mail which is also a popular email service. On the other hand, some of Verizon email users have migrated to Yahoo Mail as well. No matter if you use your Verizon account on AOL or Yahoo, different Verizon email sending and receiving error are inevitable. An error in sending and receiving Verizon email can occur due to an issue at your end or at the end of your sender/ receiver.
If you are unable to send and receive emails on Verizon then this article is just for you. Here we will discuss why you have to face such kind of problems and what you should do in order to fix them.
Why you are unable to send/ receive Verizon emails?
As we have already told you earlier, a Verizon email sending and receiving error is occurred due to an error at your end or at the end of your receiver. Let’s discuss some of the main reasons why you are not able to send/ receive Verizon email.
Reasons why you can’t receive a Verizon email
The list of possible reasons why you can’t receive Verizon emails is as follows:
- You are not connected to the Internet
- You are using Verizon email (AOL/ Yahoo) on an incompatible browser
- The new emails are landing in the folder other than your inbox such as spam, draft etc.
- Filters in your Verizon inbox are blocking the new emails.
- The add-ons and extensions in the browser not allowing Verizon email to fetch new emails from the server.
- You have blocked the sender mistakenly.
- You don’t have software on your computer that can open the attachments.
- There is not enough storage space left in your Verizon email account for a new email.
- Your sender is sending an email to an incorrect email address.
- There is a problem with your sender’s email account.
- If you are unable to receive Verizon emails on android/ outlook/ thunderbird/ iOS etc. then this possible that there is a problem in IMAP/ POP configuration.
Why you are unable to send Verizon email
Here are some common reasons why you might not be able to send a Verizon email.
- Your internet connection is too slow or weak in order to send an email.
- AOL/ Yahoo service outage in your area.
- You are blocked by AOL/ Yahoo from sending new emails due to sending a lot of spam emails previously.
- You are trying to send an attachment that is too big in size.
- The format of the file you are attaching with Verizon email is not permissible. For example – you are not allowed to send a file with the “.exe” extension.
- The browser you are using is not compatible or outdated.
- You are blocked by your receiver.
- Your emails might be landing in the spam or trash folder of your receiver’s email account due to spam filters.
- Incorrect IMAP/ POP settings if you are unable to send Verizon emails on iPhone/ android/ outlook etc.
You must not forget that there are many more reasons as well that can lead you to face Verizon email sending and receiving error.
How to fix Verizon Email send and receiving error?
Here are the general steps that you need to follow if you are facing an error in sending/ receiving Verizon email.
Step to get rid of Verizon Email sending error
- First of all, you should check your internet connection and make sure you have good internet connectivity.
- Make sure that your Verizon email account is not blocked by AOL/ Yahoo due to sending spam emails or other suspicious activities.
- Ensure that the email is not stuck at Outbox. If it is stuck at outbox then you should resend the email.
- Check the size of your attachment and make sure it is smaller than the permissible limit.
- In case you are using Verizon email on a third party application then you should re-check Verizon Email IMAP/ POP configuration.
- Turn off your antivirus and try to send the email once again.
- Try to send an email by switching to other browser or device.
- If the problem continues then you should give a call to your receiver and ask him/ her to do following things
- Ask receivers to check their spam or trash folder.
- Also, ask them to check the filter settings of their email account
- Request them to check their block list and make sure you are not blocked
Steps to follow if you are facing Verizon Email receiving error
If you are facing an error in receiving Verizon email then you should check the steps below:
- Check the internet connection and make sure your internet connection is fast and smooth.
- Look for the emails in other folders such as spam, trash etc.
- Check the filters in your email account and make sure that the new emails are not filtered out.
- Also check your block list and ensure that you haven’t blocked the sender mistakenly.
- Recheck the Verizon email IMAP/ POP confirmation settings if you are using Verizon on a third party email client.
- Switch to another browser/ device and see if you are able to receive emails or not.
- Get in touch with your sender and verify the following things.
- Make sure that the sender is sending an email to your correct Verizon email address without making any typing errors.
- Ask them to check if the email is really sent from their account.
In case you are still encountering email sending and receiving error even after following all the steps mentioned in this post then you should seek help from Verizon email support.