Verizon Password Recovery: In the year 2017, Verizon communication decides to retire its Verizon.net email service. All the Verizon.net email accounts are now migrated to AOL and Yahoo mail. So, if you want to access your Verizon emails, you need to log in through the AOL mail or Yahoo mail website. Although it is quite easy to access your Verizon email account via AOL/ Yahoo, you may face a lot of difficulties if you forget your Verizon email password. In case of forgetting a Verizon password, you need to reset it by running Verizon password Recovery.
You should remember that the process to recover Verizon password is different for the user who migrated to Yahoo and AOL mail. Keep reading this tutorial to know to complete details regarding the Verizon email password recovery process no matter if you have migrated to AOL or Yahoo.
How can I recover my Verizon email password on AOL?
AOL email service is also owned by Verizon communication, this is the main reason why it has migrated most of the Verizon email customers to AOL. If you are unable to sign-in to Verizon email due to forgetting the password then you have to reset it. The steps to reset/ recover a Verizon email password on AOL are as follows:
- First of all, you need to visit AOL sign-in page i.e. https://login.aol.com/
- Provide your Verizon.net email address and click on “next”.
- Then, you have to click on the “I forgot my password” button.
- Now, you have to verify your identity. You can verify your identity in the following three ways.
- Receiving verification code on Verizon account recovery phone number
- Receiving verification code on your Verizon recovery email address.
- Answering security questions and entering the profile information.
- Enter the verification code received on your Verizon recovery phone or email ID.
- Alternatively, you can answer the security question if you don’t have a Verizon account recovery option such as email/ phone number added to your Verizon email account.
- After verification, AOL will prompt you to create a new Verizon email password.
- Finally, you can log in to your Verizon email account using the new password you just created.
AOL also offers a helpline in order to reset password for Verizon customers. If you face any kind of issue in recovering your Verizon password then you can dial 1-800-827-6364.
Verizon Password Recovery through Yahoo mail
Verizon has migrated some of its email customers to Yahoo as well. If you use your Verizon.net email account on Yahoo then you can check the steps for password recovery as given below.
- To initiate Verizon email password recovery on Yahoo, you need to visit Yahoo sign-in helper i.e. https://login.yahoo.com/forgot?
- Enter your Verizon email address and click on the “Continue” button.
- Then, Yahoo will ask you to type the missing digits of your verification number (Only if you have a verification phone number added to your account).
- Provide the missing digits of your phone number and click “Yes, text me an Account key”.
- Alternatively, if you are unable to receive a verification code on phone or if you don’t have access to your phone then you can opt for receiving code on “Secondary Email address”.
- Type the verification code/ Account Key at the prescribed space and click on “Verify”.
- After that, you can simply provide a new password for your Verizon email.
Note: If you don’t have access to the Verification/ alternate phone number or email id then you can’t recover a Verizon password through Yahoo. In such cases, you need to contact Verizon/ Yahoo for further instructions
Important points to remember
- Please note that it is not possible to retrieve the exact same Verizon email password that you were using previously. You can only reset Verizon password and create a new one.
- While creating a new password, you should always try to create a complex combination of alphabets, numbers and symbols.
- Do not share your Verizon password under any circumstances.
- If you are still unable to log in to Verizon email account even after password recovery then you contact Yahoo/ AOL as applicable.