How to recover Yahoo Mail Forgotten password with Alternate Phone number?
Yahoo mail is one of the oldest and most popular email services on the planet. It has a lot of customers scattered all around the globe. Many of these customers forget their Yahoo mail password every day. That’s why; Yahoo has offered a fairly simple method to recover the lost password. However, in order recover password effortlessly you need to have Yahoo password recovery options such as phone number and alternate email id added to your Yahoo account. If you don’t have these options added to your account then the Yahoo password recovery can be a bit tricky as well.
This article is for those users who are unable to log in to Yahoo account due to forgetting the password. Here, we will illustrate the simplest steps to Recover lost Yahoo password with and without Password recover options.
Things to try before running Yahoo Mail Forgotten Password recovery
Yahoo Password recovery is extremely important in the case when you forget Yahoo mail password. However, if you are sure that you are entering the correct password and still unable to sign in then you should check the following things.
- First of all, make sure that the Caps lock button is not pressed on your keyboard. As the Password of Yahoo is case – sensitive caps lock button should not be pressed while entering the password.
- Make sure that your Yahoo account is not blocked by Yahoo itself. Generally, Yahoo blocks an email account due to sending a large number of spam emails and other suspicious activities.
- Ensure that the Email ID or username you are entering is correct.
If the Yahoo login error continues even after checking all the above-mentioned points then you should move on to reset Yahoo password.
How to Recover Yahoo Email Password?
You should note that it is not possible to retrieve the original lost Yahoo password. Actually, Yahoo only allows you to reset your current password to a new one. Also remember that you can reset Yahoo password only after confirming your identity. If you have password recovery options such as phone number or alternate email id added to your account then you can reset Yahoo password easily. All you need to do is follow the below mentioned steps:
- To start the Yahoo password recovery, you need to visit the official Yahoo Mail login page.
- Then, go to the “Sign-in Helper”.
- Provide your email address and phone number (whatever you use in order to sign-in to Yahoo mail account).
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- Enter the captcha code (If prompted)
- Now, you have to select the method by which you want to receive the verification code. You can choose a recovery phone number or alternate email ID as per your preference.
- Click on the “yes, text me an Account Key” button in order to receive the verification code.
- Wait for a couple of minutes unless you receive the verification code on your recovery phone number or alternate email ID.
- Enter the verification code received on your recovery phone number or secondary email id. This will verify that you are the legitimate owner of the email account for which you want to reset the password.
- Click on the “Verify” button.
- After that, you have to create a new Yahoo password for your future sign-in.
- Enter a new strong password and confirm it by entering it one more time.
- Finally, you can check your new Yahoo login credentials by logging in using the new password.
That’s all you need to do in order to recover Yahoo password.
How to recover Yahoo Mail Forgotten password with Alternate Phone number?
As you can see it is very easy to recover Yahoo password using the recovery phone number or alternate email ID. But, what if you don’t have them added to your account? Well, in such cases Yahoo security questions can help you a lot. Follow the steps mentioned below in order to run Yahoo password recovery using the security questions.
- First of all, visit the sign-in helper of Yahoo Mail.
- Provide your Email id or the phone number.
- Then, Yahoo will ask you to select the method by which you want to receive the verification code. Here, you need to click “I don’t have access to this phone” or “I don’t have access to this email ID” (If prompted).
- After that, Yahoo will ask you security questions or secret questions (only if you have added security questions to your Yahoo mail account)
- Try to answer the secret questions as accurately as possible.
- If you answer them correctly enough then you will be allowed to create a new password for your login.
- Enter the new password and conclude the yahoo password recovery.
What if I change my phone number or secondary email?
It is very simple to restore yahoo password if you have a password recovery options added to your account. In case you change your phone number or secondary email id then you should update the same in your Yahoo mail account. In order to do that, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, you need to visit the Yahoo Account security page.
- Click on the “Email addresses” or “phone number” depending upon what you want to update.
- Then, click on “Add recovery email address” or “Add recovery phone number”.
- Keep following the instructions that will appear on your screen and account recovery option will get updated automatically.
Update Yahoo Password recovery option on Yahoo Mobile application.
- To start the procedures, you need to tap on the “Settings” icon from the top.
- Then, tap on “Manage Accounts”.
- Tap “Account Info” followed by “Security Settings”.
- Tap on “Phone numbers” or “Email addresses” whatever you want to update.
- After that, tap on “Add recovery phone number” or “Add recovery email addresses”.
- Keep following the on-screen prompt and password recovery option will be updated automatically.
How to Change Yahoo Password?
Sometimes, you remember your Yahoo mail password and just want to change it for security purpose. In such cases, all you need to do is follow the steps given below.
- Go yahoo mail and sign-in to your Yahoo mail account using your current password.
- Click on your name or profile picture available at the top right corner of the page.
- Click on the “Account Info” button.
- After that, you need to click on the “Account security” button.
- For the security of your account, you have to enter your current password one more time.
- Then, click on the “Change Password” button. This will take you to the “create new password” page.
- Enter a new password twice at the prescribed location.
- Finally, click on the “Looks Good” button to save the changes.
Change Yahoo mail password on Android.
- Run Yahoo Mail app and open menu by tapping on the Menu icon (three horizontal bars) available at the top.
- Tap on the “Manage Accounts” button.
- Find your Account name if you use multiple accounts on Yahoo.
- Then Tap “Account Info”.
- Open “Security Settings”.
- Enter your Phone’s passcode or Touch ID (if prompted)
- Tap on “Change password”.
- Scroll down and Tap on the “I would rather Change my password” link.
- Create a new Yahoo mail password for your future login.
Then, tap on the “Continue” button. This will save the changes. You may now login using the new password.
What to do if Yahoo Mail Account is locked?
Usually, Yahoo mail locks an account just to ensure its security. If there are too many failed login attempts on a yahoo mail account or other suspicious activities then Yahoo may block it.
Most of the time, Yahoo locks the account temporarily. You should try to log into your Yahoo account again using correct password after 12 to 24 hours. It is recommended that you should run Yahoo password recovery from a frequent location to prevent any potential error.
Tips to keep your Yahoo Mail account safe
Here are some useful guidelines that can help you safeguard Your Yahoo mail account against hackers and make Yahoo password recovery easier.
- Always use a strong Yahoo password. An ideal yahoo password should have the following characteristics
- a. The length of a password should be at least 7 characters.
- b. The password should have a combination of uppercase letters, lower case letters, numbers and symbols.
- c. Don’t use easy to guess information like your birthday, your nickname as your password.
- Never share your verification code with anyone under any circumstances.
- Don’t click on the random suspicious links while browsing the Internet.
- Don’t forget to sign-out after using Yahoo on a public computer.
- Enable Yahoo 2-step verification to protect your account against the hackers.
- Update yahoo password recovery options like a phone number or secondary email address in your Yahoo mail account. Visit Official Yahoo Email website