Things to do when your Yahoo account is blocked
To stay ahead of your competitors, you should never compromise with your products and services. Yahoo is also following the same guiding principle. It is very strict when it comes to maintaining the security and overall experience of its users. We can see a lot of users complaining that their mail account is blocked by Yahoo due to a variety of reasons. Suspicious activities, sending too many spam emails, unauthorized access to 3rd party applications are some of the reasons why Yahoo blocks the mail account of the users.
Generally, the Yahoo mail accounts are blocked on a temporary basis only (for 12 hours most of the time). If your Yahoo mail account is also blocked then you should go through this post till the end. Here, we will list the simplest methods to unblock a blocked Yahoo mail account.
Yahoo Unblock /Blocked Related Problems with Solutions
- How do I unblock my Yahoo email account?
- How do I fix Yahoo Mail Problems?
- How long does Yahoo lock your account?
- How can I recover my yahoo mail password?
- How to unlock a locked Yahoo Mail account quickly?
- I have been locked out of my Yahoo mail account
- How can I get back into a locked out Yahoo account?
- Why can I not access Yahoo when I can access any other website
- yahoo mail login problems
- How do I find my blocked list on Yahoo?
- How do I unblock email?
- How do I see blocked emails?
- How to unblock my Yahoo email account that's been blocked
- Yahoo account recovery
Why Yahoo Mail account gets blocked?
As stated earlier, Yahoo is extremely strict when it comes to keeping its services safe and user-friendly. Any user found to be breaching the policies of Yahoo can get blocked instantly. Some of the most generic reasons behind the blocking of a Yahoo mail account are given below.
- Sending more emails than the specified limit.
- Someone trying to hack your Yahoo mail account.
- A lot of recipients are marking your emails as spam.
- Incorrect POP or IMAP settings.
- Any suspicious third-party software/ application having access to your Yahoo mail account.
- You might be trying to use your yahoo account from the different locations.
- Too many login attempts in Your Yahoo Mail account.
- Any other suspicious activity from your Yahoo Mail account.
Any of the activities mentioned above can result in the temporary blocking of your Yahoo Mail account. Now, let’s move on to the steps to unblock a locked Yahoo account.
How to unblock a Yahoo account?
No matter what is the reason why your account is blocked, if you not able to access your Yahoo account then it can cause a great deal of inconvenience for you. Here are the methods by which you can seamlessly unblock a Yahoo account.
Method – 1 Yahoo account recovery
- To start the proceeding, you need to visit the Yahoo Help and support forum page.
- Click on “You get an Account locked message menu”
- Now, go to the Sign in helper.
- Provide your Yahoo Email ID or phone number (Whatever you use to log-in). You can even enter your recovery Phone number or Email ID.
- Yahoo will send an account key to your recovery phone number or email address.
- Alternatively, Yahoo may also ask you security questions if you haven’t added a recovery phone number or email ID to your account.
- Enter the account key or answer the security and your account will be recovered.
Method - 2 (Using different Yahoo server)
Whenever you sign in to your Yahoo account, the cookies in the form of data packets get stored on the Yahoo Server. These cookies help Yahoo to identify you as the real owner of your Yahoo account. However, when someone tries to log in to your account using the wrong password, the cookies get deleted. If unsuccessful login attempt reaches the threshold value, Yahoo marks the activity as suspicious and blocks Yahoo account for 12 or even 24 hours.
- To unblock Yahoo account in such situations you need to log into Yahoo through another Yahoo server.
- As the new server doesn’t have knowledge about your activities on another server, you should be able to log in again.
You can try any of the servers given below to unblock yahoo account.
- UK – http://uk.mail.yahoo.com/
- India – https://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=in
- Canada – https://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=cf
- USA – https://login.yahoo.com/config/login
Method – 3 (Miscellaneous)
If both Method – 1 and Method – 2 fails to unblock your Yahoo account then you should give following options a try.
- Open your Email client software such as MS outlook and remove POP and IMAP access.
- Remove all the third party add-ons and extensions from your browser.
- Switch to any other browser and try to open Yahoo Mail account again.
We hope that your yahoo account is up and running after following the tricks mentioned above. In case the problem continues even after trying all three methods then there is no option but to wait for the required time i.e. 12 hours or 24 hours.