An email account is one of the most basic necessities of many online activities such as online shopping, using social media accounts etc. Yahoo offers exemplary email service with a fast speed and unmatched security. Despite all such benefits many users have to deal with different Yahoo sign-in issues on a regular basis. Most of the Yahoo login and sign-in issues are related to the users forgetting their password. However, there are some other possible Yahoo sign-in issues as well that cause a great deal of inconvenience for the users.
If you are also unable to sign in to your Yahoo account then this post is just for you. Here, we will discuss the most convenient methods to fix problems signing into your Yahoo account.
What are the Yahoo Sign in issues?
As we have stated earlier the sign-in issues in Yahoo are quite diverse. Given below is the list of problems that many Yahoo users have to deal with while signing in.
- Yahoo “Invalid ID or Password” Error.
- Yahoo forget password issue.
- Unable to log in to Yahoo on Google Chrome.
- Yahoo.com Sign-in error on Mac OS.
- Yahoo “First time signing in here?" error message.
- Problem due to Yahoo account is locked.
- Yahoo sign-in screen loops or reload
In addition to these errors and problems, there are many more errors and issues that Yahoo users may face while signing in.
Causes of Yahoo sign in problems
The problem in signing into the www.Yahoo.com Mail account can be caused due to a variety of reasons. The list of some of the most generic reasons is given below:
- Forgetting the Yahoo mail password (this is the most common reason)
- The web browser is not compatible with Yahoo mail.
- Logging into the Yahoo account from a new location.
- Extensions and add-ons in browser blocking the Yahoo Mail to work properly.
- Yahoo account might be compromised by some hackers.
- Problems due to Yahoo two-step verification.
- Issues with Yahoo Mail if using Yahoo on Android or iOS device.
After knowing the possible causes for problem signing into your Yahoo account, let’s move on to the steps to fix them.
How to fix problems signing into your Yahoo account?
Well, the steps to fix sign-in problems in a Yahoo account depend upon the sign-in problem you are facing. The steps to fix most of the Yahoo login issues are as follows:
Yahoo Forget Password Issue
If you have forgotten your Yahoo Mail password or ID then you should follow the steps given below:
- Go to www.Yahoo.com login page and use Yahoo sign-in helper to locate your ID (if you don’t know your Yahoo email ID)
- Run yahoo password recovery by providing the verification code through the recovery mobile number or alternate email ID.
- In case you don’t have a recovery phone number or email ID added to your account then you need to answer the security questions in order to get your yahoo account back.
- Always set a strong password that you can remember easily after running Yahoo Password recovery.
Getting "Invalid ID or Password" error message in Yahoo
If you are sure that you are entering the correct password and still unable to login to Yahoo then you should follow the steps given below:
- Make sure “Num lock” and “Caps lock” keys are not active.
- Update the auto-fill section of your browser if you have recently reset yahoo password.
- Try to log in after switching the yahoo web browser.
- If the error message continues, then your account might be hacked.
Getting “First time signing in here?” message while logging into yahoo
You can get this message while trying to sign into Yahoo from a new location.
- In such cases, you need to sign-in using the account key that Yahoo will send to your recovery phone and email.
- If the yahoo account recovery options are outdated then you need to click on “Still, can’t get signed in?” and follow the further instructions.
Unable to sign-in because Yahoo account is locked
Yahoo can block your account if you try to send a lot of spam emails. Your Yahoo account can also be locked due to too many login attempts. In this case, you need to wait for 12 hours and then try to log-in again.
Yahoo sign-in screen loop.
Sometime, you may get stuck in the yahoo login screen loop. Follow the steps given below to get out of this loop.
- Click on the “Not you” button from the Yahoo sign-in Page.
- Provide your Yahoo ID and Password.
- Click on Sign-in.
In case your sign-in problem continues after following all the above mentioned steps then you may try the following generic solutions as well.
- Clear the cache memory of the browser you are using.
- Close your browser and run it again.
- Use a different browser if the browser you are using currently is not compatible with Yahoo.
- Try to log in from a different sign in page.
If the steps mentioned in this article fails to fix problems signing into your Yahoo account then you should contact Yahoo Support.